Caribbean Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1-inch fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 large can crushed tomato (28 fl oz.)
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- ½ c coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- Garnish with either plantain chips, scallion, or cilantro
- In a large saucepan add coconut oil on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, ginger, red bell pepper, serrano pepper and cook with the lid on about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft and onions are transparent.
- Add crushed tomato, orange zest, orange juice and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cover partially for 15 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes so that the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Turn the stove off and add cilantro, parsley
- Use immersion blender or blender to puree the soup until smooth. If using blender allow soup to cool.
- Pour soup back into pan and stir in coconut cream
- Serve and garnish
THE ULTIMATE WING EATING SHOWDOWN: TROPICAL SMOOTHIE CAFE AND WINGSTOP CEOS GO HEAD-TO-HEAD IN WING EATING CONTEST FOR CHARITY
Tropical Smoothie Cafe CEO Charles Watson challenges Wingstop CEO Charlie Morrison to Atomic Wing Eating Contest for charity.
TROPICAL SMOOTHIE CAFE® AND THE ATLANTA BRAVES LEADOFF BASEBALL SEASON WITH THE GRAND SLAM SMOOTHIE
Celebrate the start of baseball season in Atlanta with the Braves-themed Grand Slam Smoothie,* available starting today at Tropical Smoothie Cafe locations in the Atlanta area.
FLAVORS THAT RADIATE RADNESS
Our Sunchasers love our limited time Dragon Fruit & New Starfruit Smoothies!