Caribbean Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1-inch fresh ginger peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper diced
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 large can crushed tomato (28 fl oz.)
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- ½ c coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- Garnish with either plantain chips, scallion, or cilantro
- In a large saucepan add coconut oil on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, ginger, red bell pepper, serrano pepper and cook with the lid on about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft and onions are transparent.
- Add crushed tomato, orange zest, orange juice and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cover partially for 15 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes so that the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Turn the stove off and add cilantro, parsley
- Use immersion blender or blender to puree the soup until smooth. If using blender allow soup to cool.
- Pour soup back into pan and stir in coconut cream
- Serve and garnish
Recipe: Caribbean Tomato Soup (dinner hack: just add our grilled cheese)
Heat things up with a Caribbean Tomato Soup recipe that pairs well with our grilled cheese (available via delivery)!
Turn your next Zoom call into a tropical getaway with our custom virtual backgrounds. Download one, or all, and your next meeting will be an envy-fest.
What to do in Frisco while you’re in town for the Frisco Bowl
You’ve booked your trip to the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl to see Utah State take on Kent State. Now what do you do?